Manali is not the new name in the ears of visitors. It is a well known tourist place for adventure activities, snow games, and perfect landscapes. Lover’s paradise for honeymoon and bliss for summer holidays with friends/family, Manali has lot of things to do for an unforgettable trip. The high mountains draped in snow, along with rolling valleys of green, swift rivers, and clear blue skies provide its visitors a lovely time.
At first, have a look at the best places to visit in Manali:
Hadimaba Devi temple- It is a historic temple situated near to mall road. It is related to tale of epic Mahabharat and Pandavas. It is a four-storey wooden temple built by King Bahadur Singh amidst the dense forest. Must visit for photography and peaceful time spend near the temple. May is considered as best time to visit here as some local fair is organized at this time.
Vasisht Temple- Hindu mythology prevails in Manali. Vasisht village is named after sage Vasishta and located across the river Beas in the small village near Manali. Built in traditional style, temple is adorned with intricate wood carvings depicting historic tales. People get attracted here for hot springs which is believed to have medicinal value, curing many skin diseases and other infections. Best time to visit Vasisht Temple is March to October.
Rohtang pass- Rohtang pass is the prime attraction in Manali. Most of the visitors spend 1-2 days to enjoy snow games and activities in Rohtang pass. For summer vacation May to June is perfect time while October and November are the best months to experience snowfall. The mountain pass is nestled at the height of 3979 metres, at a distance of 51 km from Manali. The beautiful Rohtang pass is a gateway to Lahaul Spiti, Pangi and Leh valley. Tourists can go for various thrilling activities like snow scooter, skiing and mountain biking. Enjoy beautiful views of glaciers, peaks and snow with enhancing photography skills and wonderful memories. Due to heavy snowfall, the pass remains closed in winter month.
Manu Temple- Manu temple is a giant temple dedicated to sage Manu and located in Old Manali. It looks very attractive because of presence of river Beas. You can also go for a trek to the temple for a savouring and easy trekking experience. You can visit Manu temple anytime you visit Manali.
Manali Gompa- Built with different architecture, Manali Gompa is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site famous for its wall paintings, large statue of Lord Budhha and Chortens. It is open throughout the year.
Manikaran Gurudwara- If you are planning to visit Manali in summers then must visit Manikaran Gurdwara which is a famous pilgrimage centre for Hindus and Sikhs near Manali. It is a day trip from Manali. Renowed for the hot springs and Guru Granth Sahib, receives countless devotees every year.
Naggar Castle- Located in Naggar town, amidst breathtaking forested hills, the Naggar Castle is a magnificent historical edifice. Made of stone and wood, this palace is known as the residence of Raja Sidh Singh of Kullu. For art lovers, there are incredible art pieces on display. Must view the paintings of Nicholas Roerich, the famous Russian painter.
Here we present top things to do in Manali:
· River Rafting- Rafting in white tides of river is a beautiful imagination. It is one of the top things to do in Manali, Himachal. River Beas is the best river stretch for rafting in India. If you’re a beginner, you can also try for short stretches as Pirdi. It has a dedicated water sports centre that offers a wide range of water sports and adventure activities. The best time to go for river rafting in Manali is June & July. Contact us for best river rafting packages in Manali.
· Paragliding- If you are a travel enthusiast and want to touch the sky with your travel wings, then Paragliding in Manali will suit you best. While paragliding you can have breathtaking views of Dhauladhar mountain range and Beas river. Solang valley, Gulaba, marhi are some well known places to get indulge in paragliding. The best time for this desired activity is between the months of May and September.
· Skiing- Visiting Snow paradise and not going for skiing, that’s quite not right. January and February are considered as best months for skiing in Manali. It is the best winter sports for local and other visitors. Skiing provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy the thrill of winter sports. Gliding down the snow covered slope on your ski enjoy the beautiful alpine views. Skiing facilities are available throughout the year at Rohtang. Expert skiers can also enjoy heli-skiing during the winter months. Solang Valley is known for its exciting opportunity of skiing come winters. One can also go skiing in Marhi, Gulaba and Dhundi.
· Trekking- The Himalayas and its mountain range offers a wide scope for trekking enthusiasts. Trekking trails set amidst snow-capped mountains range, dense forest range, open sky is best for adventurous trekking. Trekking is divided into three sections as easy, moderate and tough. You have to be prepared for trekking physically and mentally. Trekking is best for adventure and physical well-being. The most popular trails are Rohtang pass to snowline, Bhrigu Lake Trek, Chanderkhani Pass, Tapri to Kalpa, Sar pass, Sangla to Baranag trek, etc. there are season specific treks and some which you can leave anytime of the year at the call of mountains. Best time to go for trekking in Manali is from April to June.
· Zorbing- Zorbing is very adventurous activity at this famous hill station. You must want to know what is zorbing? Zorbing is also known as globe riding in which you have to slide down the hills sitting inside an orb. It is made of transparent plastic and rolled down on well inspected hill slope. It is performed under trained instructor. March to October is best for zorbing activity.
· Camping- Camping in Solang valley is quite marvellous. Solang valley offers something for any kind of visitors. Camping gives you way to stay in the valley and observe the day and night changing perspectives. Sound of nearby glaciers, shining snow on surrounding mountains, cool atmosphere will bound you to stay more and enjoy a different phase of life. You can also give a try to other activities as skiing, trekking, rock climbing, rappelling, Bonfire and many others. Another beautiful place for camping is Kothi which is perfect to enjoy camping. In fact, it is a good halt if you are planning to climb the Rohtang Pass valley on foot while enjoying the beauty of nature. You can plan for camping any time but skip monsoon seasons.
· Village trail- Village of Himalayas has many things to offer. If you want to explore culture or collect some rare photographs of village people or tradition, village trail is perfect. Gulaba Village is one of them that is surrounded by snow covered mountain peaks and dense grasslands. Best for peaceful visit and staying away from crowd, Gulaba village offers all snow sports, skiing and other adventure activities.
· Resort stay for Workation- A new trend is going on which is workation. What is workation? It is a new discovery among new normal where you can enjoy your work from home with work from mountains. Book an apartment or homestay and enjoy the quality time with your family amidst lush greenery, fresh air and tranquil atmosphere of hill stations. Enjoy the weekend with your favourite adventure sports which is not possible while staying in metropolitans.
The Himalayan hill stations are perfect for cherish memorable holiday experiences. Plan you vacation with best Manali tour package from Delhi. So whether you are a backpacker seeking adventure in the lap of Himalayas, a newly married couple looking for a beautiful beginning or just looking forward to a rollicking good time amidst nature with family or friends, Manali tour packages offer varied experience to accomplish the wanderlust of travelers.